Apparently, spam fighters are feeling generally optimistic lately in the war against spam. A number of legal victories, including Earthlink's victory today, combined with the increasing success of filters, has them hoping that spammers are having serious second thoughts on their chosen careers. I'm still not convinced that things are really changing, but there does appear to be a lot of good news lately in fighting spam -- so maybe things really are moving in the right direction.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails