It's only been discussed for years, and ICANN has been considering it for about a year, but Broadband Reports has discovered that some Maryland lawmaker thinks he came up with the idea for a porn-only top level domain. He's so thrilled with himself that he says people keep telling him: "What took so long? Why didn't anybody think of this before?" Um... they have. And, there's been plenty of discussions about it. Including all of the trouble it would cause, such as how, exactly, do you define porn? Do you force all porn sites to go to this new domain? If so, how do you deal with the ones who have "prime real estate" now and want the equivalent in a porn-only TLD? What about the borderline cases such as artistic porn... or, as they like to say these days, "erotica"? So, while it's an intriguing idea, it's not particularly new and it's not quite as simple as this guy makes it out to be.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong
- Ft. Worth Police Department Offers *Real* Apology For Its Assistance In The NHTSA's Blood/Saliva Sampling 'Survey'
- Former NSA Lawer Stewart Baker: FISA Minimization Policies Are To Blame For 9/11 Attacks