Broadband Reports notes that there's someone on the loose cutting service lines to customers. Each cut is killing service to hundreds of customers. Apparently, the cutting is being done with a power saw -- so whoever is doing it apparently has been able to access these lines with a power saw without raising the slightest suspicion. As you might imagine, though, the local press isn't refraining from idle speculation about who might be doing this ("Officials yesterday couldn't say whether the vandalism... is a form of domestic terrorism or is being done by a telecommunications professional.") It still sounds like a disgruntled former or current employee who is likely to get caught.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional