There are all these concerned adults who keep worrying about the impact the various Grand Theft Auto games have on kids. Well, three kids are pretty damn happy about the impact the game had on them earlier this year. Apparently, the kids were playing the game while visiting their grandmother, when some armed burglars broke into the home. Within the game, the audio track included the phrase: "Stop, we have you surrounded. This is the police." The burglars -- apparently not avid video gamers themselves -- thought they were really surrounded by the police. They ran, but were eventually caught, and most were just sentenced.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000