Here's a bit of information that you probably did not need to know today. It turns out that the second biggest reason why people say they sign up for broadband access is faster access to porn. This seems very questionable. Perhaps I'm simply underestimating the demand for fast pornography, but even more to the point, it seems odd that so many people would admit that's one of the main reasons they wanted faster internet access. Even stranger, is that the interviews were done face to face, and not anonymously or in written format. How many people would sit face to face with someone and say: "oh yes, I never would have signed up for DSL, but my dialup pictures of naked people were downloading way too slowly." Update: In a related story, Broadband Reports points out that a condom maker is complaining that online porn is decreasing condom sales. Perhaps they should expand into the broadband business.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?