Following on the long series of stories we've had about faulty speed cameras, comes this bit of fluff about the worst excuses people send in after being caught by such cameras. Rather than just pointing out the cameras may be faulty there are things like: "I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance," "I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car," and "The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera." It seems like more work to come up with these excuses then to just pay the fine and move on. Update: Though not speed camera related, Engadget has the story of the best excuse ever for getting into a car accident: the driver was simply following the directions of his onboard GPS system.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal