If you thought you're receiving too much spam, don't complain to Bill Gates. He apparently receives nearly 4 million emails a day -- most of which are spam. This suggests, at the very least, that the billg email address everyone tosses around is accurate. No wonder his latest obsession is stopping spam. The article isn't entirely clear, but apparently, Gates and Steve Ballmer have a special anti-spam filter, managed by an entirely separate department, to make sure the actual in-box they see isn't overwhelmed with spam. Ballmer claims he gets the second largest amount of spam after Gates, but that only about 10 a day make it into his in-box.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails