It wasn't that long ago that Dow Jones was making fun of Marketwatch for trying to muscle in on their territory. Look who's laughing now, however, as Dow Jones has won the battle to buy the financial news website, beating out Viacom (who already owned a portion of the site), Yahoo, the New York Times and a few others who apparently expressed interest. With the Wall Street Journal experimenting with opening up their content last week, it will be especially interesting to see how they make use of Marketwatch. Will they syndicate some WSJ content to Marketwatch, or will they start to put Marketwatch behind a paywall as well?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee