Because everything on the web these days seems to be in permanent beta, it's unclear how much weight to give the announcement that Amazon's latest community feature is in "beta." The tool will let users post pictures of themselves to go along with the reviews they write. This may seem like a very simple move (and, in fact, it is), but it suggests that Amazon is realizing that there's quite a bit of value in the community built up around their offering. It should be interesting to see how (if) this evolves over time, and whether or not it helps prove that most of these stand-alone social networking sites are really just features for other services.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong