It's really no huge surprise that advertisements eventually found their way into video games. Some had been predicting it ages ago. After all, if the eyeballs are there, the ads will eventually follow. However, in video games, advertisers have needed to be careful to make sure they didn't come up with an ad that was timely or might be obsolete when people are still playing a game. That might not be true any more. The latest in ads within video games is that companies may soon be able to update their ads on the fly, so the billboards you pass on the virtual streets in whatever random video game you're playing may soon include an ad for the latest hit movie. Of course, who knows if players actually care about the ads on billboards in video games, but advertisers aren't known for making sure their ads actually matter.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong