We all know that there's an exemption in CAN SPAM for political spam, but I don't think they meant it was okay for Department of Defense and Senate computers to be hijacked as spam-sending zombie machines. However, apparently, that's part of what the Department of Justice found out when they went on their spam crackdown binge. No real details are given in the article, unfortunately. They just mention that those two organizations both had zombified machines.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails