Not even bothering to let the case go to trial, a judge has simply tossed out VeriSign's lawsuit against ICANN with a ruling that can be summarized as "you guys have to be kidding me, if you think I'm going to buy that." Still, VeriSign could refile the case, and there really are some interesting legal issues raised by the case, concerning how much power ICANN really does (or should) have.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000