It's a bit self-serving for the largest video game company to put out a statement that's designed to push smaller video game companies out of business, but some of what they say still does make sense. With all of the new processing power in next generation consoles, EA is pointing out that games are getting really expensive to make. Some are apparently worried that this is holding back the development of new games -- since it's not worth trying if you don't know there's a "built-in audience" such as with a movie tie-in or a game sequel.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck