Apparently, despite all the clever humor to come out of the UK over the years, the folks who work at the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK have no sense of humor at all. Tech giant Benq started an ad campaign this summer suggesting that with their products, your "bogus sick days will be 33% more enjoyable." Not laugh out loud funny, but an amusing little tagline to get some interest. Apparently, the ASA is scared to death that people will take this seriously and start calling in sick just to mess around with Benq computers -- because we're sure that before this ad came out no one ever faked a sick day.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal
- NSA Gave Employees Ridiculous 'Talking Points' To Spread Among Friends And Family Over The Holidays