Apparently, despite all the clever humor to come out of the UK over the years, the folks who work at the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK have no sense of humor at all. Tech giant Benq started an ad campaign this summer suggesting that with their products, your "bogus sick days will be 33% more enjoyable." Not laugh out loud funny, but an amusing little tagline to get some interest. Apparently, the ASA is scared to death that people will take this seriously and start calling in sick just to mess around with Benq computers -- because we're sure that before this ad came out no one ever faked a sick day.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Nature Abhors A Vacuum
- Police Who Seized Woman's Phone As 'Evidence' Of Bogus Crime Now Complaining About Criticism
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment