It seems like there's been something of a slightly scary trend lately of computer glitches completely grounding airlines. In May, a computer glitch grounded Delta flights. Just a few weeks ago Northwest Airlines was grounded due to a computer glitch. This weekend, both US Air and American were grounded by computer glitches. It seems more than a bit odd that so many airlines would have so many computer glitches that impact so much of their business in such a short time-frame. The two problems this weekend were due to an EDS malfunction, though it's unclear about the previous problems.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional