There are an awful lot of Google stories today. Maybe it's just because with the troubles the site is having no one can find any other news items to write about... However, the folks over at News.com are noting that one of the interesting side effects of Google's technical troubles today is that some are being forced, for the first time in a while, to contemplate life without Google. When you come to rely on a service so thoroughly, having it not working for much of the day seems a bit stressful at first for some. While it appears that, without too much difficulty, people figured out that there are (no, really, there are) other search engines out there, it does reinforce the question about having so many people relying on a single system. Maybe Google needs to put a backup plan in place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants