Many people have been getting slammed this morning by the latest annoying variant of the MyDoom virus. However, combined with the news that Google has been down for much of the morning, and the combined story reveals that the new MyDoom searches Google for addresses on the same domain, slamming Google and knocking it partially offline. Update: Broadband Reports has more details, saying the virus actually hits a variety of search engines, and that Google is now blocking any query that includes "email" and a domain name, to stop this attack.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional