Two sites quite popular with the always-popular-among-advertisers young male demographic are merging. Game site IGN is buying popular movie review site RottenTomatoes. Seems like a good deal for everyone involved. RottenTomatoes is one of the most useful sites online for anyone who likes to watch movies and wants a quick aggregate view of what people think of a movie without having to worry about spoilers. There have been times when I've even wandered the video store with RottenTomatoes open on my phone in order to pick a good movie to rent. Of course, with that in mind, perhaps NetFlix would have been a more sensible buyer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee