theodp writes "What do you call it when three IE buttons on the Windows Taskbar disappear and are replaced with a single 'group' IE button when you open a fourth IE window? Annoying? Nope. The correct answer is U.S. patent no. 6,756,999, granted to Microsoft Tuesday for a Method and system for clustering and grouping taskbar buttons." Indeed, this is one of the very first things that I make sure to turn off on any Windows box that I end up using.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal
- NSA Gave Employees Ridiculous 'Talking Points' To Spread Among Friends And Family Over The Holidays