We're still trying to beat down spam, and people have been getting increasingly worried about IM spam and SMS spam, and all of a sudden one company is warning us that the rush to VoIP systems may lead to VoIP spam. In other words, once VoIP is just an app on the network, it shouldn't be all that difficult for someone to write a script that would basically spam a voice message to millions of VoIP systems. Of course, the company discussing this problem is bringing it up because they've now patented a solution that they claim will stop VoIP spam. All this really means is they've made clear the technique that future VoIP spammers are now figuring out how to work around.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional