Apparently, the new popular scam in Europe these days is to send companies fake invoices for accessing internet "directories." The scammers are hoping that with so many people on vacation over the summer, people won't check around carefully, and will simply cut checks. The amounts usually aren't all that high, either, making it less likely that an accounts payable person will carefully check over the invoice. Isn't this why companies use purchase order systems?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scammy Company Trying To Get Writers For Major Sites To Engage In Pay-To-Link Arrangements
- Teenager Pays Hundreds Of Dollars For A Picture Of An Xbox One
- Watch One Kickstarter Creator Self-Destruct As People Call Him Out For Scam Project
- South Korean Spy Agency Allegedly Tried To Influence Presidential Vote - By Posting 1.2 Million Tweets
- And Here Comes The NSA-Themed Ransomware