For the second time in less than a month, major problems at Akamai appear to have knocked many major sites offline for a few hours. Considering that Akamai's whole point is that they spread out your content so there's no single point of failure, you would think this would indicate otherwise. Two major outages in less than a month for the company that runs the sites for Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and others can't be a good thing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional