The first person ever has been charged with internet stalking, using a law that was changed in 1997 to equate obscene emails with obscene telephone calls. It seems odd that no one has been charged under this law in the seven years that it's been on the books. I imagine there have been plenty of obscene emails in that time.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement