Over in the city of Pleasanton, California, they're launching a new traffic light that detects speeders - and hits them with a red light. While plenty of lights have sensors to let them know when to turn green, this one is designed to cool off the speeders and slow them down a bit. It watches for speeders, and when they're spotted, it turns the light red, to make them slow down. Some are against this, but I can't see what they have to complain about, really. They're not getting fined. They're not getting pulled over. They're just being forced to stop at a perfectly legitimate stoplight.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Retailer Goes Legal After Shipping PS Vitas To Customers Who Just Bought A Game
- Public Service Commission Orders Verizon To Cough Up Cost Data On Its New York Copper Lines
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility