theodp writes "Amazon is being sued for allegedly violating three infamous patents for online shopping processes that were granted to the now-defunct e-commerce software company Open Market in 1998. When Open Market won the patents, it claimed their reach was extremely broad, covering much of the software in common use for Internet shopping and credit card payments. Many observers feared that the patents could be used to close down e-commerce sites unable or unwilling to pay license fees."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ex-FBI Agent, Trauma Surgeon Testify That Kelly Thomas' Death Was A Result Of Officers' Excessive Force
- Scumbag Revenge Porn Site Operator Arrested... But Many Of The Charges Are Very Problematic
- Legal Challenges To Spying Mount In UK
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Thinks Google Is To Blame For Infringement On The Web
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency