The FTC is warning (once again) of a scam site that looks like the "Do Not Call" site run by the FTC, but promises to put you on a do not spam list. The site is, of course, a scam for spammers to pick up more email addresses. This isn't the first time this has happened. The site is conveniently using the .us domain to make it look more legit. Amusingly, if you click on the site's "privacy" link, you get a 403 Permission Forbidden.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails