While House and Senate elected officials have made big deals out of the importance of intellectual property, it hasn't been on the radar screen of the Bush/Cheney administration... or has it? NBC got angry that the campaign released an online commercial for the President using footage from an interview done on NBC. The campaign insists they've done nothing wrong. Does that mean they're supporters of "fair use"? Chances are they've never actually thought about the issue, and this is yet another case of politicians who would push for more stringent intellectual property laws, while making sure to ignore them themselves when convenient.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops