While the Phantom gaming box has been the subject of much skepticism around here, the news that they've hired a well-known former X-box executive as their CEO is starting to give the company a little credibility. He's claiming that all of the vaporware talk was due to some bad marketing, which he's hoping to turn around. Though, as TAD (the local Phantom watcher) points out, the company is also accused of pulling off something of a stock scam. Of course, they could go a long way towards overcoming the negative press if they actually showed off a working system - and not under highly controlled circumstances where things can be faked.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different