Something of an odd prediction, suggesting that 3G video phones will never catch on because it will make it more difficult to lie about your location. I hadn't realized that so many people used their mobile phones as a way of lying about where they were. I would guess that there are plenty of other reasons why video phones might not catch on (perhaps, for the same reason that landline based video phones have never really caught on - people often feel uncomfortable knowing someone is watching them without being able to see them directly). I also wonder how many make their buying decisions based on their ability to use the technology to lie to people.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck