Just ahead of the US's spamming law, the UK has had their spamming law go into effect. It has different problems than the US law, but most people still feel it will do little to stop spam. In the meantime, though, there was a bit of pent up demand, as the agency set up to deal with spam complaints was inundated with people reporting spam. Now comes the real test: what will they do about the complaints and will that do anything at all to stop spam?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails