A California lawmaker has decided that because there's violence in some video games kids should be banned from buying them. The article at Broadband Reports does a good job explaining why this is overreacting as usual. When there's violence among kids, people are always looking for someone to blame, but the blame never seems to fall on the kids themselves who almost definitely know the difference between virtual and real - and between right and wrong. Instead, people blame the video game and assume that somehow kids will suddenly stop being violent.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community