While the internet has meant more packages being delivered, leading to more shipments for folks at UPS and FedEx, they're also talking about how technology is making their life easier. They say that they need to spend much less time handling package labeling, since so many packages come pre-labeled with all the info they need. Meanwhile, the technology they use behind the scenes has let them move packages around much more quickly and get new hires up to speed in less time than ever before.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'