It's no surprise that the various wireless carriers are going to be offering all sorts of deals to keep their customers once wireless number portability goes into effect next month. Already, people are seeing signs of this as the carriers are sweetening their offers. I received a phone call last week from my wireless carrier offering all sorts of discounts if I agreed to a new one-year contract. Now, T-Mobile is making an effort to keep customers by extending their "unlimited weekend minutes". Suddenly, it seems that the weekend really does begin Thursday evening if you're a T-Mobile customer. According to T-Mobile, Friday is now included in their weekend minute plans. Of course, what's odd is that they're not automatically extending this to customers, but only offering it to those who call. I imagine that this is one of the carrots they'll dangle in front of those who are trying to switch - and, as such, probably won't be all that enticing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?