Back in June we had a story about a lawyer trying to blame video games for some crimes. A few weeks later we had another such story that noted all of these cases (and a few more) all seemed to be filed by a lawyer named Jack Thompson who has declared himself an "expert" on video games and crime and is involved in every such lawsuit. So, it was no surprise at all to be reading about the latest lawsuit, where the family of a motorist who was killed by some moron kids is suing the makers of Grand Theft Auto, and see that it's Jack Thompson acting as the lawyer, yet again. No one denies that these kids deserve to be locked up for a long long time - but it's their fault that they did this. Blaming the video game that they (and millions of others) play takes the responsibility away from the guilty folks who actually committed the crime. These lawsuits border on frivolous, as they're clearly designed to go after those with money and take responsibility off of those who actually committed the crime.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community