Now that someone found with child porn on their computer has been cleared by saying that a Trojan horse virus put it there, it appears others are trying out that sort of defense. A man who was cleared on tax evasion charges claims that his returns were screwed up because a virus made his income calculations turn out to be incorrect. I have no idea how this guy got cleared for that sort of excuse, when he couldn't actually show what the virus did. The article also quotes an anti-virus company exec who mentions that it's "curious" that this is the only person who seemed to have been infected with such a virus. Of course, now that this defense was successful, I'm sure we'll suddenly hear about plenty of others who were mysteriously "infected" with the exact same virus.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Teenager Pays Hundreds Of Dollars For A Picture Of An Xbox One
- Watch One Kickstarter Creator Self-Destruct As People Call Him Out For Scam Project
- South Korean Spy Agency Allegedly Tried To Influence Presidential Vote - By Posting 1.2 Million Tweets
- And Here Comes The NSA-Themed Ransomware
- Banker Pleads Guilty To Using Bailout Money To Buy Himself A Luxury Condo