CNN has started investigating the "mystery" of the Phantom - a hyped up gaming console that no one was quite sure existed. The reporter finally tracked someone down and got a little more info. It appears that it's a gaming console that is designed to receive games over the internet, rather than via plastic discs you stick into a tray. This actually makes a lot of sense, if done well (a big if). Someone from Infinium Labs (the company working on the device) says it's a cross between a WebTV and a TiVo - but for games. Of course, that's also what Microsoft claimed to be working on with their mix of WebTV/UltimateTV/Xbox.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different