A researcher from AT&T Labs is demonstrating just how easy it is to find confidential (either corporate or personal) information online with a simple test. He did some random online searches for word documents, downloaded them, and then looked at what data had been "deleted", but which the document still had hidden. Basically, the problem here is that most people don't realize just how much extra and "deleted" information programs like Word store. Microsoft claims that in the next version of Office they're going to have tools to help prevent this sort of thing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases