Over at CNN/Money, Eric Hellweg says that the best way for Netflix to avoid being eaten by WalMart and Blockbuster is to start offering porn DVDs, since the other two companies won't ever do so. Of course, the backlash from investors might not be so good. He says, in response to that complaint, that Yahoo gets away with selling porn. Apparently, he missed the huge mess Yahoo got into a few years back when some random reporter noticed that people were using Yahoo marketplaces to sell porn DVDs. This wasn't even a case of Yahoo selling porn, but people who used their stores to. The backlash was fierce (even though they'd been letting people sell porn for about two years before anyone noticed) and Yahoo was forced to stop all porn DVD sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?