Researchers are now proposing that excessive web surfing be classified as a disorder. The article points out that diagnosis and treatment of such a "disorder" could have a huge impact on business. What other disorder is actually a requirement of some jobs? You don't have jobs where you need to drink all day, but you do have jobs that require you to be online all day. I'm certainly not a psychologist, but I find it hard to believe that internet addiction is a separate classification all on its own, rather than an indication that something else is wrong.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong