Apparently, today's the day for all the "other" players in the satellite TV space to have their strategies announced. We already had the story about how Cablevision is pushing forward with their single satellite, and now SBC (who was rumored to be a potential bidder for DirecTV) has invested in EchoStar and will soon start offering EchoStar's DISH TV. This will give SBC a television offering to go along with their phone and internet offerings - allowing them to offer the "big three" connections into the home. The phone companies have been struggling to figure out the best way to offer TV now that the cable companies have jumped into their space by offering VoIP telephone service.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee