While not quite as bad as the Greek law banning all video games, Thailand is now going to impose a curfew on online gaming, saying they will block all game servers, both domestic and foreign, between 11pm and 6am every day during the summer. They say they're also considering mandatory breaks every two hours. This policy is just going to be tested for now, and will be evaluated at the end of September to see if it's worth keeping. In the meantime, it sounds like the days of the all-night gaming binges may be coming to an end in Thailand.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'