As video games get bigger and bigger, they're going to become increasingly similar to professional sports. And, of course, one way athletes make money is through sponsorships and endorsements. In the video gaming world, Intel has now jumped into this market by agreeing to a sponsorship deal with an 18-year-old video gaming champ. The guy has apparently won international competitions in Unreal Tournament, and Intel will expect him to use and promote Intel-based equipment at competitions over the next year. The real turning point will be when a non-technology, consumer products company decides to sponsor a video game champion.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You