As expected, PeopleSoft's board today said no thanks to Oracle's hostile offer to buy them. So, now the fight begins. In their statement on the matter, PeopleSoft was clearly trying to convince their shareholders of the damage the deal would do for them. They say that even if shareholders accepted the offer, it would probably never get anti-trust approval, wasting everyone's time and money. Now the question is how hard will Larry Ellison push for this deal, or will he just accept the fact that his publicity stunt worked and move on?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee