theodp writes "E-Commerce Times reports that BountyQuest is apparently no more, its Web site shut down, its phones disconnected. The company, founded in 2000 and backed by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, offered cash rewards to individuals who could prove or disprove a company's claim to a patent." They had admitted in the past that they'd had some problems, but I hadn't realized they'd shut down completely.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Police Target Advertising On Infringing Sites, Opens Door For Scammers And Malware Purveyors
- DHS Interrogates NY Times Reporters At Border, Then Denies Having Any Records About Them
- How Not To Deal With Plagiarism
- AT&T Tells Shareholders To Mind Their Own Business Concerning Its Relationship With The NSA
- TSA Collects Nearly $500,000 In Abandoned Change Per Year And Has No Idea What To Do With It