After just a little bit of back and forth political wrangling, it seems that members of the House of Representatives realized that the people who vote them into office hate telemarketers. So, it's not a huge surprise that they've approved funding for a national "do not call" list by the overwhelming margin of 418-7. The opposition from the direct marketing folks is going to be fierce, but this battle may already be lost. What they should do is realize that if people don't want to hear from them, they're wasting their time and money anyway... A national do-not-call list means they can focus in on the suckers.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops