If you're looking for a feel good story about the internet, then we've got one for you. Apparently, a woman who spent plenty of time in online chat rooms recently had a stroke while typing in the chat room. She frantically typed some sort of "help me!" type message, before collapsing. Others in the chat room tried calling her, and eventually got a local 911 operator who sent help over to the woman's home. On a side note, the article is amusing in that it does the reverse of what most articles do when talking about people using online nicknames. It refers to them by the nickname, and mentions that they are "also known as..." or "also goes by..." and gives their real name.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You