SonicBlue, makers of the ReplayTV digital video recorder, is "exploring strategic options" (generally a euphemism for being in lots of trouble). One of the options, of course, is to try and sell the company. This news should make all those Hollywood folks who have been working to shut down ReplayTV very happy, though it would be yet another loss for consumers. It would be unfortunate if this, in any way, kills the lawsuit the ReplayTV users have filed against Hollywood to make it clear they're within their fair use rights.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different