Last month we posted the story of a small software company that was suing Hollywood to have their DVD copying software declared legal. That case is still in limbo, but 321 Studios has launched the DVD copying software. This, of course, might make Hollywood sit up and take a bit more notice. The company says the purpose of the software is so that consumers can make a backup copy of their DVDs, but Hollywood, of course, says they're creating a bunch of criminals.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List