Of all places, I think most people would assume that New York City would be one of the last places in the world to outlaw any type of obnoxious behavior. However, they're looking at a proposed law that would fine people for using mobile phones (or letting it ring) at a performance. While I do hate it when people can't figure out how to turn their ringer off, legislating obnoxious behavior might be going a bit too far. I wonder if that means any of the various performances of symphanies using cell phones would require a special exemption permit...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement
- Case Over No-Fly List Takes Bizarre Turn As Gov't Puts Witness On List, Then Denies Having Done So